Pumpkin Spice Waffles by Marianne
2 cups Organic Pastry or All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. seasalt
1 (15- oz) can pumpkin or fresh, pre cooked
1/4 cup Organic milk or oat milk
1/4 cup Organic cane sugar or light brown sugar
4 Tbsp.(2 oz.) Organic butter, melted
2 Free Range eggs
Organic cooking spray
Pure maple syrup and Greek Yogurt, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200', and preheat a waffle iron, Whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, sugar, butter, and eggs until smooth.
2. Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture; whisk until thick and smooth.
3. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto hot waffle iron. Cook according to waffle iron instructions until waffles are crispy and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Transfer waffles to a wire rack on a baking sheet; place in preheated oven to keep warm.
5. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying the waffle iron between batches. Serve with maple syrup and Greek yogurt, if desired.
Active time:20 minutes
Total time:1 hour, 40 minutes